Thongs vs. Bikini Panties: The Debate Rages On!

In literary news, I finished at a breathless pace this past weekend the deliciously and squirmingly hot novel, ‘A Maid For All Seasons, Vol.1’ by the excellent, and prolific, Devlin O’Neill.

(All of his books, chock full of exquisite spankings, are available in The Cherry Red Report’s bookshop, powered by Amazon). Devlin was also featured recently in a CRR Author Spotlight.

One line by the caring but wonderfully old-fashioned Mr. Swayne, the main character in the book, caught my eye, when Mr. Swayne interestingly (and perhaps humorously) decried thong panties as an “abomination.”!

Interesting and strong words for a typically skimpy undergarment that usually ends up in a useless tangle of cotton around a naughty girl’s ankles….

So The Cherry Red Report asked writer Devlin O’Neill to elaborate on these thoughts, and to see if the writer’s views reflected those of his delightfully strict main character.

[In a recent scientifically-sanctioned CRR survey on choice of panties as related to spanking the votes ran the gamut from black silk bikinis to snug thongs to high-cut ‘boyshorts’ to white cotton panties, etc.]

After reading Devlin O’Neill’s comments, what are your thoughts on this fascinating debate, and Mr. O’Neill’s viewpoint? What kind of panties do you prefer for a spanking? or perhaps, for you Tops out there, what do you prefer to slowly peel down for a spanking?

***Pls leave a comment 🙂 don’t be shy.****

““““““““““““““““““““““““““`

The Thong Panty

**An opinion by Devlin O’Neill**

Michael Swayne, in the ‘A Maid for All Seasons’ books, calls it ‘an abomination,’ because it ‘neither reveals nor conceals’ a girl’s bottom.

His friend Professor Travis forbids his Red Blossom College students to wear the garment, in preference to snug white cotton butt coveralls, and even Sgt. Cameron in ‘Corporal Idaho’ likens it, unfavorably, to a stripper’s G-string.

Prof. Travis’s sister Felicia is convinced that her brother hates that particular underwear because he can’t understand how a girl tolerates having a bit of elastic stretched along her rear cleft all day.

Yes, it’s popular. Yes, it covers the strategic naughty bits, and even allows for the use of hygienic appliances (thank you, Light Days with Wings for Thongs) and yes, it very nearly eliminates the dreaded VPL, visible panty line, under a girl’s tight trousers, shorts and skirts, although the top of the thong often appears to onlookers anyway, given the current placement of waistlines.

But my chief objection to this underwear, as voiced by the above-mentioned panoply of protagonists, is that although the girl’s cheeks are bared, the bottom is not, at least in its entirety, and that, to me as a spanking enthusiast, is unacceptable.

I too much relish the thrill of discovery, that moment of triumph when I uncover a girl’s bottom, make it wholly naked to my hand – but if I lift her skirt or skin down her jeans only to find a stringy, imbedded slip of elastic, the experience loses its zing, becomes anticlimactic.

She’s hiding something, something I don’t necessarily need to see to spank the naughtiness out of her, but still she is tacitly asking that I accept her almost nakedness, her almost defenselessness and submission, and proceed.

I cannot do that, for her sake and mine. So yes, I invariably peel down her last vestige of modesty, but that action hasn’t the investment, the involvement, that tingly twinge of absoluteness that the deliberate pushing down of white cotton panties, a pink satin bikini, a blue micro-fiber boy-short with ‘Spank Here’ printed in red provides.

Yes, I am pedantic about this issue – ask anyone, especially my pseudo-nieces.

Not that I don’t enjoy the sight of a fair pair of feminine buns in a thong bikini displayed on the beach, although I always imagine her comely behind encased in tight white knickers, well bended across my lap in preparation for the strict swats she so richly deserves for parading so brazenly in public.

Tease me, will you, with that wisp of floss in your adorable bottom crack? You incorrigible brat!

***

The above opinion is that of the author and his wholly owned protagonists. Feel free to talk amongst yourselves.

– Prof. O’Neill

This entry was posted in devlin o'neil, survey. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Thongs vs. Bikini Panties: The Debate Rages On!

I don’t like to see thongs during spanking. I get a real rush watching the panties come down to reveal both bare cheeks. Thongs take some of that anticipation away. I see nothing wrong with wearing them any time ones not due for a spanking though.

2. GWEN says:

… And now the rest of the world will know why I *LOVE* you like I do, Uncle D. You’re PRICELESS! xoxo

Got to have bikini panties so you can slowly see the red glow peaking out before taking htem down. With thongs there is no extra surface and it is too much like a bare bottom spanking. And to tell you the truth I find thongs uncomfortable. It is like butt floss, who needs that?
    Alexandra

Thanks for your comments. I think I will have the Field Research Dept. at The Cherry Red Report do more field testing on this topic. 🙂

d-

5. Ruby Redd says:

Thongs are absolutely tacky. No matter when…spanking or not. I definitely do not want to see them in a spanking video, though. Ever.

6. Amber Pixie Wells says:

I’m definitely one that prefers bikini panties over thongs. They are just more comfortable, stay put better, and most of the time they are cuter.

Plus I prefer panties because with a thong there is the slight question of whether or not they should be taken down to administer a spanking on the bare … with bikini panties there is no question. Of course they are coming down! Ahh. Now isn’t that better? 🙂

7. Tim says:

I also tend to concur with the anti-thong consensus. Say, didn’t they ask this to Bill Clinton during one of the debates?

8. Reesa Roberts says:

I’m not allowed to wear any panties. Thus there are never any panty lines under my clothing. I don’t own any bikinis or grannies. I have about twenty pairs of thongs but now I only wear them to doctor visits. I had a partial hysterectomy 15 years ago, so no problem with needing “light days with wings” LOL. TMI? LOL

Great article, Dave & Devlin!

Huggs,
    Reesa

9. BYP says:

In private, panties are far preferable to thongs, for sure, but it’s worth noting that the thong comes in handy in public scenes, because it bares the cheeks while providing genital modesty for the OTK spankee. This might encourage someone to participate in a scene who would otherwise say “no way!”

10. Miranda says:

Thumbs down for strings, uncomfortable, really. Ordinary knickers for me, anytime (even if they have to come down or off…smiles).

Miranda

11. Michael says:

Absolutely hate thongs. Don’t know why women would wear anal floss. There is nothing more exciting and delicious than baring a woman’s bottom after a few warm up spanks by slowly peeling her panties down and revealing her luscious bottom for the main event.

12. Amber says:

I love all panties, but prefer wearing seamless cotton panties under jeans. I like mixing it up for my spankings. Sometimes I love thongs or t-backs if they are a super soft material because as my spanker wedges them further up my cheeks they give me just the right amount of pressure on those private bits that adds a little pleasure sensation in contrast with the stinging my bottom is receiving. Why do we have to choose? I have a serious panty fetish and love anything that helps accentuate the buttocks and feels good wearing of course! Sometimes it can be fun to wear a bikini or full bottomed panty over a thong so there is one more layer to unpeel!

Well, I think this post set a Cherry Red Report record for number of comments! yeahhhhhhhh! 🙂

Hm…thongs are not getting too much love here. Interesting!

I do love what amber of http://www.spankamber.com fame wrote: why do we have to choose?

14. hypothalamico says:

My spanking fetish has always been wrapped up in a sense of nostalgia – one friend said I actually had a “fifties fetish” – so seeing a thong tends to break that spell. Spanking for me is not simply a chance to “get a crack at her butt” as quickly as possible, but a complex psychosexual dance. Bringing in elements like ruffled panties, traditional school knickers, and garter-belt sets just brings so much to the setting, not to mention the added the chance to build additional tension and heat before the inevitable. This is not to say the sight of a thong ‘twixt an enticing set of female buttocks is a turn off, just that it seems a bit ho-hum when there are so many more possiblities available.

15. Cometospk says:

Hi Dave!
    I prefer classic knickers instead of thongs. I think thongs reveal too much of the buttocks, so the pleasure of imagination is decreased. I love the moment of put down the panties, the wait to watch the bottom, but if spankee wears thong, she breaks that expectation.

16. Southern Angel says:

JD prefers a thong unless I am wearing the schoolgirl outfit–then he prefers white cotton briefs.

Intriguing comments. Thank you for posting them! Clearly this is a topic close to everyone’s heart…errm, I guess I should say, close to everyone’s bottom.

I grew up in the sticks and went to a conservative church college in the early 90s. My first real girlfriend in college usually wore nylon briefs with lace trim. She also had a few Hanes Her Way bikinis (pastel colors) that she wore to exercise, or perhaps to bed if she was feeling racy. Thongs were out of the question – I don’t even know if I had ever seen one at that point.

Today everyone derides briefs as “granny panties”, but it seems like lots of women wore them until about 10-15 years ago. There are many scenes in Hollywood films of the 70s and 80s where the actresses wear undies that are pretty huge by today’s standards.

Just say No to Granny Panties, Anon. Though those nylon panties with lace trim of which you speak of sound spanktastic….

20. Pingback: Amber Launches New Spanking Site | The Cherry Red Report