As a lifelong, born-with-this-kink spankosexual who has viewed an endless self-imposed onslaught of spanking photos of every variety and vintage, I’ve always wondered if it’s possible to to analyze why certain photos really intrigue me — and if those photos that I love do indeed share common characteristics.
(Editor’s Note: In a CRR first, I am actually going to try to write a post with no graphics or photos (gasp!), ironically, in a post about photos.)
Certain images grab me from the get-go — you know the feeling — from stunning vintage black & white photographs to many of today’s super high-res images. At the same time, heaps of images completely turn me off or just totally disinterest me.
The good thing about a great photo, just like a fine work of fiction, your mind rambles and wanders around aimlessly (well, at least mine does) and does all the naughty work at imagining what exactly might be happening.
Anyway, many of the finest photos share, in my opinion, many of the following general characteristics and qualities. I know a lot of these are probably, like, duh, no-brainers, but what the heck — it’s my blog and I’ll blog if I want to.
Would love to hear if any readers out there have any additions, subtractions to this list, or any other thoughts on this topic. Feel free to leave a comment 🙂
I want to emphasize a great photo does not need to have all of these, but a few always help. (I am referring to both M/f and F/f photos which I seem to equally enjoy.)
1. Reactions and Expression. Attitude is everything and perhaps the most important. A look of shame or surprise or defiance on the face of the spankee adds a crucial dimension to the discipline. A look of concentration or focus and no-nonsense determination from the Top certainly makes a photo hotter. Or even one of a spankee waiting, worried, expecting — or getting a good scolding. We’ve all seen yawn-inducing images where the spankee and/or spanker look bored as all heck (“For Pete’s sake, is this what I have to do to make it into Vogue?”) Also, when the spanker looks totally in control, and the spankee looks like she’s not going anywhere for a while, that’s a plus.
2. Attire. First of all, if the spankee is totally naked, it’s usually not as sexy, as that removes some of the suggested realism and embarrassment of discipline and punishment. I’m no fashionista, but, for example, snug jeans tugged down to a tangled bundle of worn denim at the ankles–that’s hot. Or panties in a useless bunch at mid-thigh adds a dose of naughty, spankosexual realism. Visual cliches perhaps, but powerful nonetheless. Denim shorts or pink panties (or, heaven forbid, thongs!) getting warmed, a cheerleader’s skimpy skirt tugged up, a brat squirming OTK in just a tight t-shirt and pink socks — it’s all in these little details.
3. The Naughty Bits. Spanking for numerous reasons epitomizes eroticism and sexuality. Am I master of the obvious or what? Anyway, I’d go so far as to say it’s the foundation of my sexuality. So when a cute perky blushing bottom is arched over a strong lap, and a pouting kitten is on display and possibly purring a bit, I find a pic a lot more, obviously, sexy. The spankee’s in a totally exposed position, naughty bits on display for all to see and admire. Basically, a great photo typically has an undercurrent of sizzling eroticism and sexually-charged energy.
4. Positioning. The position of the punishment is key. The bottom arched up perfectly (with the naughty bits on view, see #3), preferably in the intimate, time-tested over-the-knee format. The spanker’s hand gripped tightly around the spankee’s waist. Again, it’s all in the details. Intriguing positions besides OTK are a plus, too.
5. Realism. If the spanker has a massive boat oar or some 99-cent plastic fly-swatter from WalMart, that’s a waste of some good pixels. On that note, I find many of those now ubiquitous candid birthday-style spanking photos pretty dang boring. That isn’t to say a b-day snap-shot or a totally staged photo can not be a hot one, but, that’s perhaps beyond the scope of this post, and plus I’m starting to ramble.
6. Age Differential. The bigger the age difference between older Top and younger Bottoms adds an interesting pervy, squirmy undercurrent to a photo — it seems to gel with many common fantasies i.e. firm Uncle/sassy, fresh niece…..old-fashioned Doctor/annoyingly bratty patient…..cheerleading Coach (Go Team!!)…..strict Dad, etc and ad infinitum.
7. A few other factors. In a photo where others are observing, waiting for their turn, or even helping, I find that’s a plus — making the punishment even more embarrassing. Unique camera angles are often cool. And cultural diversity is great and it’s always wonderful to see that in a top-notch pic.
Those are the key elements that come to mind. As always, would love to hear what other elements you like in a photo, and/or any feedback, ideas, thoughts. 🙂